Develop talent.Transform lives.Create careers.
T Levels are a brand-new, 2-year qualification that you can do as an alternative to A levels, other post-16 courses or Apprenticeships.
They bring classroom learning and an extended industry placement together on a course designed with over 200 businesses and employers to make sure you’ll get the skills and on-the-job experience you need to successfully start your career.
T Levels are ideal if you have finished your GCSEs and want the knowledge and experience to get straight into employment, an apprenticeship or higher education.
You’ll spend 80% of your time in the classroom and 20% on a 45-day placement with an employer to give you the skills and knowledge companies look for.
One T level takes 2 years of full-time study and is equivalent to 3 A levels.
T Levels provide a mixture of:
- Technical knowledge and practical skills specific to your chosen industry or occupation.
- An industry placement of at least 45 days in your chosen industry or occupation.
- Relevant Maths, English and digital skills.
- Common workplace skills.
Successful completion of T Levels can take you straight into the workplace of your chosen industry, or into Higher Education to continue your studies.
Choose your Perfect Course
And begin your learning journey with BCE
T-Level in Digital Production, Design and Development - Level 3
T Levels in Digital Production, Design and Development – Level 3 Duration: 2 Years
This course is designed for students who want to progress to a career in the digital sector, with a focus on software design and development. The purpose of the Level 3 Technical Qualification in Digital Production, Design and Development is to ensure students have the knowledge and skills needed to progress into highly skilled employment, an apprenticeship or higher-level study, including university, within the specialist area of software design and development. Students will develop an understanding of:
- How digital technologies impact business
- The ethical and moral implications of digital technology
- Using data in software design
- Using digital technologies to analyse and solve problems
- Digital environments, including physical, virtual and cloud environments
- Emerging technical trends, such as Internet of Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Augmented Reality (AR), Blockchain, 3D printing
- Legal and regulatory obligations relating to digital technologies
- The privacy and confidentiality of personal data
- The technical, physical and human aspects of internet security
- Planning digital projects
- Testing software, hardware and data
- Digital tools for project management and collaboration
- High Level coding language (Python)
You will develop the skills to:
- Analyse a problem, understand user needs, define requirements and set acceptance criteria
- Design, implement and test software
- Change, maintain and support software
- Work collaboratively in a digital team
- Discover, evaluate and apply reliable sources of knowledge
- Work within legal and regulatory frameworks when developing software
The T-Level is delivered across 2 years and supports progression to entry-level job opportunities in software design and development. Job roles could include:
- Software Engineer
- Web Developer or Designer
- Software or Mobile App Developer
- Computer Games Tester or Developer
- User Experience (UX) Designer
Entry Requirements Level 3: 5 GCSEs at grades 4-9 including English (or equivalent). Maths grade 4+ desirable
All of our courses are free for 16-18 year olds and 19-23 if the funding criteria is met. To discuss this further, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to BCE’s Digital Future Campus
BCE’s brand new Digital Future Campus is one of the most advanced in the country for further education students, packed with cutting-edge Animation & VFX equipment and an industry-led curriculum that rivals some of the UK’s top universities.
Why study with us?
Developing the best learning environments for students
For Parents & Guardians
Big Creative Training Limited (BCT) is an independent training provider based in Walthamstow. BCT opened in 2000 and offers creative industries programmes for 16 to 19, apprenticeships, adult courses and alternative provision. BCT is rated as ‘Good’ by Ofsted in all areas.
Big Creative Academy (BCA) is a 16 to 19 academy based in Walthamstow. The academy opened in September 2014 and offers study programmes for students aged 16 to 19 in subjects to prepare them primarily for further study or employment in the creative industries. BCA is rated as ‘Good’ by Ofsted
Teachers have very good subject knowledge and industrial experience, as well as strong commercial links with practitioners and employers; they use these effectively to help inspire students and provide a strongly vocational context to their development.
All staff work closely with students to help them overcome any barriers to learning, to assure their health and welfare, to maintain good behaviour and a positive work ethic; as a result, students feel safe and are able to achieve their potential.